I was very proud of the work of my client, Peter Arvai, the CEO of Prezi. Peter delivered a meaningful talk at the Bits & Pretzels conference in Germany in late September 2015. The video is embedded below.
Notice the presentation best practices that Peter models during the talk:
- He opens with a compelling personal story that incorporates all the elements of good storytelling:
Characters, conflict, dialogue, high stakes, and a big helping of personal vulnerability which helps get the audience on his side early on.
- He uses silence well throughout the talk to build tension and expectation.
- He uses purposeful movement and gesture to communicate his points effectively. This conveys passion, commitment, and confidence.
- He speaks with passion and expressiveness to communication his commitment to this topic.
- And, of course, his Prezi is exemplary with effective visuals augmenting the story he tells throughout.